Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Performance Matters Newsletter: Electronic Publication
Instead of our printed newsletter, we are providing our Performance Matters Newsletter electronically. Look for our first publication in Q1 2010!
Reducing Our Electrical Footprint by 20%
We have recently implemented efforts to reduce our overall kilowatt-hours used by:
- Unplugging idle machines
- Installing compact florescent and LED light bulbs
- Using smarter switches
- Leveraging Smart Strip Power Strips to eliminate phantom energy usage of our electronic devices
Reducing Our Paper Footprint by 10%
We in the United States use about 663 pounds of paper annually, according to the most recent figures available. If everyone in the U.S. reduced his/her use of paper by 10% of the current levels, the savings would be a little more than 10 million tons of paper each year. Our efforts include:
- Think twice before we print
- Setting the print default to print on both sides
- Buy copy/printing paper and envelopes with at least 30% post-consumer recycled content
- Offer electronic publication of reports and findings to our clients
- Implement electronic storage of files