At Performance Dimensions Group, we live by our core values of LEAD, GROW, INSPIRE. And what better time than spring to receive — and give — a bit of inspiration?
Among the best ways to get inspired is to read stories about success and successful people. For example, take Seattle native Bill Gates. He began to show an interest in computer programming at the age of 13. Through his technological innovation and sharp business strategies, he and partner Paul Allen built the world’s largest software company: Microsoft.
As leaders, we look to books, life stories and inspiring quotes of successful entrepreneurs and others to elevate our ability to guide our organizations and employees toward greater success. Your staff might find a spark for their passions and some direction for their personal goals in the words of a famous person, too. Here are a few such quotes to consider:
- “If you show people the problems, and you show people the solutions, they will be moved to act.” ∼ Bill Gates
- “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” ∼ George Patton
- “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” ∼ Jack Welch
- “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” ∼ John Maxwell
- “A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe fruit at length falls into his lap.” ∼ Abraham Lincoln
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” ∼ Mark Twain
- “Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are.” ∼ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” ∼ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” ∼ John Quincy Adams
And, for reasons that will soon become obvious, here’s our favorite:
- “LEAD with heart and authenticity; GROW a little every day; INSPIRE the best in yourself and others.” ∼ Lynda Silsbee, Performance Dimensions Group
Leaders must inspire others and help them along their respective paths to greatness. When a leader’s message is strong and clear, employers can become partners in their organization’s progress and believers in themselves. Everyone feels energized and ready for success.
Never underestimate the power of words and what they can do for your organization. And thanks for reading our words. You INSPIRE us to LEAD and GROW every day of the year!